Thursday, December 15, 2011

The MOOC & Me (CMC11)

So I prepared my presentation trying to reflect everything the MOOC was for me, crazy, out of order, all over the place, pertaining to me, communicating with others and so forth. I recorded my presentation in imovie, my first, among many other first experiences the MOOC provided for me. I was really nervous, almost as nervous as when i decided to take this course and when i started it. When I had finished composing my presentation, I was very pleased with it. I shared me, my passions, my loves, my interest, and reflected on how I could integrate them into the MOOC. I loved learning from others and sharing their  experiences and what they had to offer.

Of course I learned so much from the weekly lessons and took a lot with me but for me the experience was more of the interaction and the communication with others. Most importantly I learned more through how the MOOC related to me, my life, my experiences and how I could relate to it all.

I am disappointed that I did not get to communicate more with fellow MOOC participants. I would really like to engage more with them and converse. I would have liked to have had more google hangouts and meet more of my fellow MOOC participants. It would be great to keep in contact with the participants and continue learning and sharing.

The MOOC has definitely inspired me. It has me writing poetry again, involved more with my yoga practice, motivated me to draw and take photographs. It has reawaken me, enlightened me and challenged me to do more.

The MOOC was everything Carol said it would be. A just dive in and get feet wet experience. I now have a thirst for the MOOC and the endless possibilities it has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. Dani, I just watched the recording of your presentation and I loved it. Kudos for starting your quest to rediscover _you_ -- I did not do that until I was finished raising my kids, and in retrospect I wish I'd been trying to "get back to me" all along. I just sort of put myself in a box in a dark corner for 20 years while handling all the jobs and child-rearing. And I only had 2 kids!

    I also *love* your poetry. And your perspective on things. I would like to be in touch and have tried to reach you via comments and in the Diigo group to no avail. If you ever see this comment please shoot me an email at kazarnyc at gmail dot com

    meanwhile good luck with everything, congrats on finding the courage to let go of that tight grip we feel we must maintain as overloaded moms, and hope to meet you some day

    ReplyDelete