Sunday, December 18, 2011

Reflections of the MOOC (CMC11)

 The most biggest and important of things that the MOOC has opened up my awareness to is the unlimited possibilities of technology. I learned about connectivisim or network learning which involves how we engage with others, how we interact with the world. It is about understanding why and how connections are formed. I learned about transliteracy and metaliteracy, which fancied my interest making me realize just how far behind I was with all the changes and innovations in the technological world.


In the January 2011 issue of College & Research Libraries, Thomas P. Mackey and Trudi E. Jacobson make the argument that metaliteracy is a framework that can unite the various competencies and literacies (visual (2), digital (3), information (4), that we would like our students to have in order to be informed and engaged citizens. takes the critical thinking and analysis components of media, visual, and information literacies and combines them with the technological components of digital literacy. (Metaliteracy By Stephanie Debner, Librarian Faculty)


The MOOC has provided me with a road map of sharing information, ideas, or just simple everyday occurrences. The MOOC has empowered me, inspiring me with ideas of global communication. The MOOC has allowed me to "step out of my box." It has dared me to try new things in turn opening up a whole new world to me. Blogging is not a self-centered page dedicated to my thoughts. Blogging can empower me to share a world of knowledge with others and in turn learn through engaging with others and receiving their responses and positions on things further enlightening me.


It is evident through the MOOC that changes are occurring rapidly and that in order for us to stay current we must adapt to the technologies. The MOOC has also shown how to stay connected. Technology can be used for social networks and hours lost in wasteful activities but through the MOOC I have learned how to better use social networks, blogging, MOOC courses, etc. The biggest thing I am looking forward to taking with me from this course is applying everything that enlightened me and applying to my life and interests. Connecting with others around the world and sharing my ideas, learning of theirs and learning from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment