Thursday, November 3, 2011

Upshifting Innovation - CMC11

For this week I focused on iMentor Steve Jobs and Innovation 101. What stood out to me was;

1. Be true to yourself
2. Don't try and measure up to the standards of others.
3. We are all capable innovators.
4. Personal experience and exposure enables.

Ultimately what prevents us from being creative or innovative is ourselves. It may be a lack of confidence, fear or some other factor but we are ultimately responsible for the limitations that we allow on ourselves. We limit the possibilities. We stay confined to the comfort zones that we have set-up for ourselves. We tell ourselves that we cannot do it or it cannot be done. No one wants to be singled out as crazy or weird, laughed at or ridiculed. What can we do? Be true to ourselves. Listen to what's in your heart. Follow what's in your heart without attaching anything else. Even if we dare to dream alone take the first step. Dare to trust in your ideas, even for just the sake of it. In the privacy of your own home, where no one will know. Let your creativity or innovation come to life. Even if you do not pursue it any further than just your thoughts on it. Remember what you are capable of.

"It's only impossible if you believe it to be." (Alice in Wonderland)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dani,
    I would definitely agree with what you say. I know that I am guilty of that. I know that my self confidence always gets in the way. It comes from years of having a low self esteem. I really do think that the risk of failure is a huge fear that I have. I've been working a long time to try and break the chain of negativity. It's hard, but I know that I can get it done.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. People with lots of interests sometimes have trouble prioritizing which is their vein of gold. I suggest making folders on google reader for each of your interests and adding really good blogs under each folder. If there are a couple of folders you can't wait to read and whole categories that you delete everything unread, it helps separate true interests from what you think you should be interested in. At least half the content in any field has surfaced since 1980.

    ReplyDelete